entertainersgonewild has the latest and greatest in news and entertainment!
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Jamie Lynn Spears Hurt by Hateful Teen Mom Comments Read Story Inside!!!
Jamie Lynn Spears Hurt by Hateful Teen Mom Comments
February 05, 2012 12:30 AM EST
Britney Spears's little sister Jamie Lynn Spears was a teen mom, and she said that the hateful comments people made when she revealed her pregnancy hurt.
The Zoey 101 star gave birth to Madie in 2008, becoming a teen mom at the age of 16. For the past several years, Jamie Lynn Spears has stayed out of the limelight to raise her daughter.
Of her teenage pregnancy, the soon to be 21-year-old Spears said, "After we wrapped shooting [for the season in 2007], I just wanted to go home to Louisiana and finish high school, be a cheerleader, all that. Then I found out I was pregnant. I was 16. I'd had one boyfriend. It doesn't make it perfect or all right. But I was judged for something that probably most everyone does. I was young. I was in love. I was like every other teenager, except I had this last name."
She felt a lot of guilt over her teenage pregnancy. She said, "I did feel responsible for the young girls and the mothers who I probably confused and let down. I apologize for that. But I wasn't trying to glamorize teen pregnancy. I hated when [the tabloids] said that. Everybody is dealt a hand of cards. It was my choice to play them the way I played them. But the hateful comments hurt."
Obviously parents were upset that the Zoey 101 star became a teenage mom because their daughters looked up to her, and they were afraid that her notoriety would glamorize teen pregnancy, causing other teens to become moms.
At this point in her life, Spears has moved on, and she has a beautiful little girl. In the future she hopes to add to her family and be a soccer mom. Hopefully she will achieve that dream. It's a dream that many people share. Jamie Lynn Spears is patiently waiting for her "Prince Charming." It seems she may be taking a different course than her big sister, who is about to get married for the third time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment